Unusual and welcome features:
Savista Retreat is a countryside boutique hotel in Jaipur with several unusual and welcome features. While we offer all the comforts and services of a hotel, we are determinedly not a typical or chain hotel.
Savista is a rare destination where you get to breathe clean air, drink pure natural water, eat fresh and safe food, and stay in the lap of nature. Set amid vast tracts of undulating cropland and farmsteads, this eco-retreat is a 12-acre estate of trees, gardens, meadows, fields and birds that offers a rich experience of pristine rural Rajasthan.
With its location in a village on the edge of the city, this retreat just outside of Jaipur offers an ideal balance of experiencing elegance and peace within a rural Rajasthan setting, along with easy access to Jaipur city’s historical monuments and bazaars (a 30 minute drive away), and visiting off-beat sites around Jaipur. A special feature of Savista is freedom from the air pollution and frenetic pace of Jaipur city, without compromising on access to what the city offers.
Our emphasis is on sustainable living:
- Water harvesting and ground water recharge;
- Solar energy for water heating;
- Use of organic fertilisers and pesticides in the gardens and croplands;
- A freshwater swimming pool that is chemical-free and re-used for irrigation;
- Integration with the local community in operations and produce sharing.
Our food philosophy is farm-to-fork:
The estate grows most of its own vegetables, and all of its grains, beans and oilseeds, free from chemical fertilisers and pesticides;
The milk and yoghurt are from livestock fed on the estate’s grass;
Water drawn from deep bore wells on the farm provide drinking water that is safe, pure, sweet and mineral-rich.
All these features make this retreat a socially responsible, eco-friendly and sustainable travel destination.
We are an experiential travel destination:
In keeping with our commitment to experiential travel, the facilities are numerous. Guests can combine sightseeing with unwinding by the pool; play a game of tennis, croquet, table tennis, cricket or badminton; use the fitness centre; rejuvenate with a massage/sauna/steam bath; use the library; jog around the property; or, take leisurely walks or cycle through neighbouring villages.
Also on offer are a range of unique activities and cultural experiences that include:
- Block printing workshops;
- Learning from a village potter;
- Village tours and visits to rural households, and camel cart rides through the countryside;
- Yoga lessons;
- Visit to a handmade paper factory;
- Indian classical music and dance performances, and art exhibitions, as and when they are held at city auditoriums and arts centres;
- Jaipur city bazaar and heritage walks;
- Day trips to fascinating nearby places such as the temple town of Pushkar, the step-well Chand Baori at Abhaneri, the Keoladeo national bird sanctuary at Bharatpur, birdwatching at the Sambhar Salt Lake, and the Barefoot College at Tilonia.
Unlike other luxury hotels, at Savista we make a conscious effort to avoid over-the-top ostentation. The focus is on design aesthetics, rustic elegance, simplicity and comfort.
We also zealously guard our character as a secluded and exclusive hotel / retreat / travel destination. The number of guest rooms is just 12 and kept deliberately so. This, when combined with the large number of facilities, makes for an exclusive ambience. It also gives us the chance to get to know our guests better and enhance the quality of their experience.
Savista’s essence largely derives from the vision of the owners whose ancestral home it is. After long careers in academia and international development both in India and overseas, they decided to return home to indulge in a new experiment in sustainable living and experiential travel. Savista is that experiment, and we guarantee that your stay here will leave you feeling like you have acquired a second home.
(Cars are available for hire for airport/train station transfers, sightseeing in and around Jaipur, for travel within Rajasthan, and to/from Delhi/Agra/other cities in Rajasthan. The drivers speak English, and we take responsibility for their conduct)